C&W Services provides Operations & Maintenance services to Gillette Stadium, home to the New England Patriots football team. In addition to the NFL games, the stadium hosts events all year round, which C&W Services also supports.
Responsibilities include managing all the equipment and maintenance within the stadium, overseeing setups and breakdowns for all events, supporting various audiovisual requirements throughout the stadium and providing maintenance for non-tenant spaces in Patriot Place, the retail shops connected to the stadium.
- Before hiring C&W Services to perform operations and maintenance work, the client was performing work in-house, which wasn’t working for them.
- With events being hosted at the Stadium all year round, including concerts, tradeshows, conferences and soccer games, the client needed a provider who could provide professional, around the clock, dependable service.
- The client hired C&W Services based on their superior track record delivering janitorial services to the stadium.
- Meet and work closely with the client on a weekly, and oftentimes daily, basis to go over upcoming events and requirements for each week.
- Regularly partner with the client on capital improvement and energy management projects.
- Improve the life cycle of equipment through comprehensive preventative maintenance measures.
- Provide ongoing support for CMMS by utilizing AwareManager software, which allows for the tracking of all work orders and preventative maintenance tickets.
- Leverage building automation systems to ensure climate control and ongoing efficiencies.
- Provide general maintenance for non-tenant space around the Patriot Place retail area.
- Support various audio-visual requirements throughout the stadium, including ribbon boards and luxury suite needs.
- Restructure staffing to include additional custodial management positions.
- Implement additional training for HVAC, electricians and plumbers that covers more subjects, such as how to manage fire alarms and sprinkler valves.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of club furniture and event flooring systems.
- Enhance financial operations through budget oversite (tracking all overtime) and assisting in establishing a 5-10 year capital plan.
- Provide ongoing support for CMMS implementation to improve workflow and enhance analytics.Oversee several project management items, including:
- Fuel cell and cogeneration installation for energy efficiency.
- LED Sport Light replacement.
- Cross Pavilion & UBid Gate digital displays.
- Our implementation of in-house specialty trades (such as detailed painting and woodwork touch-ups) decreased the turnover time for high profile areas and resulted in over $50,000 in annual savings.
- We reduced Annual Supply Spending Savings by $200,000 annually through improved inventory management.
- We reduced overtime by 10-15%.
- In 2019, we saved the client $25,000 by utilizing in-house operations labor.
- We saved the client ~$81,000 in materials ordered during 2019 by contracted pricing through C&W Services vendor partnerships.
Meet Our Team
We believe that our team’s culture is the backbone of our service delivery success, and so we pride ourselves on developing and empowering our people. Learn about how the team at Gillette Stadium is going above and beyond each and every day.
- Watch this video about Jim, one of our team members at Gillette Stadium, and get an insight into life at the site.
- Learn about Kerri Roche, Director of Operations for the Northeast, who is helping women succeed at Gillette Stadium, and in the facilities services industry as a whole.
- Meet Myriam, a manager at Gillette Stadium, and learn about how she worked her way up to her current role while also teaching herself three new languages.