This facility is a part of the growing life sciences segment of a Fortune 500 company and this is their “show site” for the industry. Their key focus is manufacturing of Life Science-related products. The facility has major utility and operational components for laboratory, manufacturing and packing of oral solid dose and sterile product lines.
C&W Services is helping transform maintenance service delivery at a major pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in North Carolina. The site runs 24/7, producing oral solid dose drugs and injectables.
Outsourcing to C&W Services has enabled a cultural change from run-to-failure mentality to predict and prevent failures proactively. Improved reliability practices include programs such as Lean Maintenance, Operator Driven Reliability, real-time wireless predictive maintenance (PdM), improved PM definition, and electronic logs.
- Improved equipment reliability: As part of the reliability journey, over 30 major operational problems were found and corrected within the first two months of PdM implementation. The PdM program currently monitors most primary utility components and is expanding to address production quality support equipment.
- Downtime was reduced, and the response due to failure dropped from 29% to 9%.
- Training related to new PdM sensor operations drove employee engagement and reinforced the cultural shift to proactivity.
- Maintenance intervals were doubled on monitored systems.
- Energy reduction; less stream and condensate loss and more efficient equipment operation. With the current program moving into steam trap and load monitoring to address the total operational quality, we anticipate double digit energy savings.
- Our client has used our approach and expanded these practices into the majority of their sites.
Meet Our Team
We believe that our team’s culture is the backbone of our service delivery success, and we pride ourselves on developing and empowering our people. Learn about how the team supporting this client is going above and beyond each and every day.
- There’s no such thing as a shortcut, according to Michael, the operations direct overseeing this site. In the facilities services industry, this is especially critical—organization and cognizance are key to ensuring safety across sites.