In Pursuit of Perfection: Build, Verify, Monitor and Report your Quality Program
This year at IFMA’s World Workplace, the C&W Services team along with our client, Rachel Reuter, Group Manager, Toyota Motors North America, gave a panel presentation on the key elements and considerations when building a robust Quality Assurance program, and how the partnership between with Toyota helped shape our collective strategy together.
Ali Mohammed, Senior Director of Reliability Engineering, George Schmidt, Senior Director of Soft Services, and Rodney Mcsheridan, Vice President of Operations, kicked off the presentation with a thought-provoking question: Does your quality program have the capability to meet changing expectations? Recent events have highlighted the need for a robust quality program—what was once acceptable, may no longer meet expectations.
The presentation followed outlining five key areas of discussion:
- The Journey: The evolution of the C&W Services and Toyota partnership, delivering on standards and expectations outlined from Toyota.
- Standards: Breaking down the importance of standards to eliminate distractions in the workplace and streamline efforts.
- Change Management & Transformation: Open discussion and perspective from Rachel about adapting the people, processes and technology at Toyota.
- COVID-19’s Impact: Direct conversation and real examples of how COVID’s impact effected the workplace at Toyota.
- Validation & Governance: Understanding what the purpose is, desired outcomes and where we stand; along with exercising the right policies and procedures.
The panelists shared meaningful insights as they spoke about different perspectives on the important aspects of building a robust quality program.
You can listen to the full panel discussion below. For questions, please reach out to Ali Mohammed.